The 10 Best Adjustable Bed Frames
Have you been finding it difficult trying to get a restful night’s sleep? Whether you are sick or injured, a heavy snorer, a person suffering from chronic pain, or an aged person, you can take advantage of an adjustable bed frame to help you find the relief you need for a restful night’s sleep.
What is an adjustable bed frame?
An adjustable bed is a bed base or foundation that is equipped with a motorized base. Such a bed can be raised at the head or foot to help you locate the right position for relaxation while handling different activities. Also, some models include features such as built-in USB ports, massages, and lighting features. Other models include adjustable mattresses that offer room to change the firmness of the mattress to help you enhance your comfort level.
That said, you can elevate the position of these beds’ feet to enhance your circulation or raise your heads at certain angles to reduce the snoring episodes of those with sleep apnea. Therefore, allow me to introduce you to the 10 best adjustable bed frames so that you can feel comfortable and supported despite the situation you are facing.
LUCID L150 Adjustable Bed Base
- The simple assembly takes less than 5 minutes from box to bed.
- 11-inches of under-bed storage.
- Premium extremely reliable motor quiet and responsive.
- Independent foot incline.
- Independent head incline.
LUCID L300 Adjustable Bed Base
- Effortless assembly
- Wireless remote with a flashlight.
- High performance, quiet and reliable motor.
- USB charging station on both sides.
- Great for pregnancy and pressure relief.
- Better digestion and improved airflow.
- What is an adjustable bed frame?
- BEST VALUE
- OVERALL BEST
- PREMIUM CHOICE
- 10 Best Adjustable Bed Frames:
- 1. LUCID L300 Adjustable Bed Base
- 2. LUCID L150 Adjustable Bed Base
- 3. Milemont Adjustable Bed Base Frame
- 4. Blissful Nights Adjustable Bed Base
- 5. Mellow Genie 500 – Adjustable Bed Base
- 6. Blissful Nights Split King Adjustable Bed Frame
- 7. Split King Adjustable Bed Frames
- 8. Classic Brands Comfort Upholstered Adjustable Bed Base
- 9. Classic Brands Adjustable Bed Base
- 10. iDealBed 4i Custom Adjustable Bed Base
- Buying Guide for Best Adjustable Bed Frame:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
10 Best Adjustable Bed Frames:
1. LUCID L300 Adjustable Bed Base
Achieve a new level of comfort, whether you are watching movies, reading a novel, or taking breakfast in bed with the L300 Adjustable Bed Base from Lucid. The bed offers an independent head incline from 0-60 degrees, and a foot incline ranging from 0-45 degrees. This means that you can adjust the incline levels to suit your desires for a comfortable experience while handling different activities. Better, it comes with a wireless remote. Using it, you can adjust the incline levels with a push of a button, which assures you of getting an adjustable bed base that is easy to use.
The L300 Adjustable Bed Base is easy to ship and assemble, thanks to the first-ever folding hinge design. Also, it is suitable for use while watching or reading. The reason is the quiet and responsive premium motor. Equipped with dual USB charging ports, the bed base is suitable when you need an adjustable bed base that will let you charge different electronic devices. Besides, its frame is upholstered in charcoal grey, allowing it to add a stylish look to different decors.
- Product dimensions: 37.5 x 79.5 x 15 inches
- Product weight: 118 pounds
- Weight capacity: 750 lbs
- Easy to assemble.
- The remote features a flashlight to illuminate dark spaces.
- The programmable memory option allows you to save your favorite position.
- The bed is available in twin XL and queen sizes.
- Heavy, thus not easy to lift.
If you are pregnant, suffering from back pain, acid reflux, or throat stress, I would recommend buying the Lucid L300 Adjustable Bed Base. Using it, you can lift or lower the headrest or footrest to find a comfortable position to help you reduce the stress of these conditions. Not only that but sleeping in an inclined position helps to align the spine and open the airways to reduce congestion and snoring for a better sleeping experience.
2. LUCID L150 Adjustable Bed Base
Another perfect choice from Lucid is the L150 Adjustable Bed Base. It is easy to operate, thanks to the included wireless remote. The remote controls the head incline and foot incline independently to help you locate the perfect position for your comfort. Better, the bed derives its power from a premium motor. The motor remains quiet and responsive, making it suitable for use in quiet spaces.
Featuring a zero-clearance design, the base can accommodate any style of bed frame. Furthermore, it provides 11″ of under-bed clearance to let you store different items under the bed. The L150 adjustable bed base is easy to assemble, given that it takes less than 5 minutes to set it up and without any expert opinion.
- Product dimensions: 78.9 x 37.4 x 15.5 inches
- Product weight: 102 pounds
- Under-bed storage: 11″
- Attractive upholstered design enhances style.
- Two Twin XL bases form a king-size bed.
- Easy to operate using the wireless remote.
- Durable and heavy-duty metal construction.
- No pre-drilled holes for the retaining bar.
If you are in need of a versatile adjustable bed frame, I would like to recommend the LUCID L150 Adjustable Bed Base. It is compatible with all Lucid mattresses, while it also fits most mattresses under 13″.
3. Milemont Adjustable Bed Base Frame
Do you want to enjoy the lifestyle benefits of an adjustable bed without parting with a lot of money? If this is the case, I would recommend Milemont Adjustable Bed Base Frame. Featuring a user-friendly design, it offers a customization memory setting that allows you to store the preferred setting for fast remembrance. Better, the bed base comes with a wireless remote. The remote is marked and equipped with easy-to-use buttons for smooth operation.
You can sit on this bed while watching TV, reading, gaming, or eating snacks, thanks to the ergonomic elevations. In particular, the bed base offers an independent head incline ranging from 0-60 degrees and a foot incline that ranges from 0-45 degrees for an outstanding comfortable experience. Also, the bed base is suitable for use by two individuals at a time. The reason is the separate controls that provide room for different users to customize the way they want to sleep.
- Available Sizes: Twin XL, Full, Queen
- Product weight: 107.6 pounds
- Foot incline: 0-45 degrees
- Head incline: 0-60 degrees
- Compatible with regular mattresses under 12″.
- A retaining bar protects the mattress from slipping down.
- Sturdy frame and easy to assemble.
- Quiet motor.
- The mattress isn’t included.
If you are looking for an adjustable bed base frame that is easy to assemble, the Milemont Adjustable Bed Base Frame is one of the best choices. It requires 10 minutes to set up without the need for expert assembly. Also, two Twin XL bases can form a king-size bed, further eliminating the need for getting a big bed that is challenging to maneuver.
4. Blissful Nights Adjustable Bed Base
Responding to the need for an adjustable bed that is designed to fit most bed frames is the Blissful Nights Adjustable Bed Base. It features four parts, patented adjustable legs. The included leg heights are 6″, 9″, and 12″ long, enabling them to fit a range of bed frames. Besides, each base is rated for a 750 lbs weight limit so that the bed can accommodate a variety of users.
Another benefit of the bed is the whisper-quiet Okin Motors. The motors include high-quality components for smooth and reliable operation. Also, the bed incorporates independent head and foot incline positions. You can take advantage of these features and elevate the head when you want to relieve snoring or find a comfortable position that will help you alleviate the discomfort that arises with pregnancy.
- Available Sizes: Twin XL, Full, Queen, Cal King Split, Split King
- Product dimensions: 37.5 x 80 x 14 inches
- Product weight: 119 pounds
- Product material: Heavy-duty steel
- Leg heights: 6″, 9″, 12″.
- Weight limit: 750 lbs
- A backlit wireless remote for easy operation.
- A foot retainer bar holds the mattress in place.
- The grips on the frame make it easy to carry around.
- A sync cable and connecting bracket allow you to connect two twin XL bed frames to form one large king-size base.
- Heavy and, therefore, not easy to move around.
For an adjustable bed that is easy to set up, the Blissful Nights Adjustable Bed Base is one of the best choices. The frame doesn’t require tools during assembly, which means that anyone can assemble it within minutes. Better, the bed comes while partially assembled, requiring you to unbox it, screw the legs and plug it in, further assuring you of getting a bed that is easy to assemble.
5. Mellow Genie 500 – Adjustable Bed Base
Position yourself so that you can benefit from ultimate comfort for a solid sleep during the night once you purchase Mellow Genie 500 – Adjustable Bed Base. With a unique head tilt function, it allows you to find the perfect position for any occasion for maximum comfort after a push of a button. Plus, the bed includes two USB charging ports. The dual ports are located near the head of the bed so that you can charge your devices while using them.
Easy to assemble, the bed doesn’t require you to get any tools during assembly. Plus, it is compatible with all types of mattresses. As a result, it acts as one of the best choices for an adjustable bed base that is easy and convenient to set up. The metal retainer at the foot of the bed is another plus that holds the mattress in place throughout all adjustments for user safety and comfort. Plus, the bed is paired using a wireless remote. The remote includes three preset settings comprising zero gravity, anti-snore, and flat to help you customize the preferred sleeping positions easily.
- Product dimensions: 78. 9″ X 59. 1″ X 14. 8
- Product weight: 143 pounds
- Product material: Steel
- Sturdy and durable metal construction.
- 12″ legs offer ample storage space beneath the bed.
- A flashlight on the wireless remote allows for comfortable illumination of dark areas.
- The one-touch programmable memory position allows you to find the perfect sleeping position at the push of a button.
- Slippery frame.
If the best adjustable bed frame for you is one that is built to last, then you should buy Mellow Genie 500 – Adjustable Bed Base. Made using sturdy steel, it is rust-resistant and designed to resist corrosion to guarantee durability. Plus, the bed can adjust to your life, owing to the ability to support you while sleeping on your back, stomach, or on a zero-gravity position.
6. Blissful Nights Split King Adjustable Bed Frame
Another Blissful Nights product is the Split King Adjustable Bed Frame. Each of its bases is rated for 750 lbs. As a result, the bed’s overall weight limit is 1500 lbs. The bed derives its power from whisper-quiet Okin Motors. The motors are made using high-quality components for a smooth and reliable performance. Besides, it includes dual massage motors. The motors offer three levels of intensity so that different users can customize the massage intensity to their preferred levels.
Equipped with dual USB charging ports, you can charge your electronic devices and use them while lying on the bed. Also, the bed includes 4-part patented adjustable legs. The leg heights are 6″, 9″, and 12″ long so you can use them with most bed frames. Supplied with a back-lit wireless remote, you can control the head and foot inclines so that you can improve your circulation or relieve pregnancy discomfort. Also, the remote features three custom memory buttons, an anti-snore preset, and zero gravity for smooth and easy operation.
- Product dimensions: 79.5 x 37.5 x 14 inches
- Product weight: 119 pounds
- Leg heights: 6″, 9″, 12″
- Weight capacity: 1500 lbs
- Easy to set up.
- The bed comes with two back-lit wireless remotes.
- Under-bed nightlights provide room for viewing the under-bed space without the need for additional lighting.
- The USB ports are located at the head of the bed frame so that you can use them when lying on it.
- Difficult to carry around.
The best choice for an adjustable bed that will help you melt away tension and increase your blood circulation is Blissful Nights Split King Adjustable Bed Frame. The reason I recommend it for this is the dual massage motors that offer three intensity levels so that you can customize your massage.
7. Split King Adjustable Bed Frames
In concluding this review, we have the Split King Adjustable Bed Frame. It comes as two twin XL mattresses and two twin XL adjustable bed frames. Combining these frames results in one king-size bed frame suitable for use by several persons at a time. Asides from that, the bases include 4 Part Patented Adjustable Legs. The leg heights are 6″, 9″, and 12″ long, enabling them to fit most bed frames. Given that each of the bases is rated for 750 lbs, the total weight limit of this bed is 1500 lbs.
- 12” copper cool gel-infused premium memory foam mattresses.
- Leg heights: 6″, 9″, 12″
- Weight capacity: 1500 lbs
- Independent head and foot incline for easy customization of the sleep position.
- The bed frame is easy to set up.
- It adjusts smoothly.
- Comfortable mattresses.
- Heavy frames are not easy to lift.
For a restful night of sleep, I would recommend the Split King Adjustable Bed Frame. It features a Patented Edge Support, Air Channel Base, and Articulating Cuts. This design allows it to regulate the temperature so that you can sleep cooler despite the temperatures. Plus, the mattress integrates a 4-layer construction. Because of this, you can expect supportive sleep suitable for all sleeping positions.
8. Classic Brands Comfort Upholstered Adjustable Bed Base
Upgrade your bedroom so that it is the most used room in your house once you get the Classic Brands Comfort Upholstered Adjustable Bed Base. With programmable elevation positions, you can take advantage of the head and foot elevations so that you can use them while reading, watching TV, lounging, or working on a laptop or PC. The head elevates up to 65 degrees while the foot elevates up to 50 degrees to help you get the most comfortable position for different activities.
Better, the bed offers a head and foot massage for the most relaxing experience. Equipped with adjustable legs, you can choose between three positions_ 5″, 7″, or 12″. Furthermore, the bed base includes a mattress retention rail that holds the mattress in the desired position. Three separate dual head and foot massage speeds are another addition that helps you unwind, soothe, and relax the body. Also, the bed base includes two 1.5 A USB ports. The ports are built into the base to help you charge different electronic devices.
- Product dimensions: 38″ W x 79″ L x 15″ H
- Product weight: 103 pounds
- Leg heights: 12″, 7″, 5″
- A wireless remote with programmable settings for easy operation.
- Whisper-quiet motors guarantee peace of mind.
- The bed supports latex mattresses, memory foam, or air mattresses.
- It ships in a small package with parts that are easy to set up.
- The USB ports are located on one side instead of one on each of the sides.
If you are looking for a low-cost alternative to the most expensive and ergonomic adjustable bed frames, this is one of the best choices. Available at a reasonable and affordable price it doesn’t need a box spring during use, while it doubles as a platform bed to offer more room for under-bed storage.
9. Classic Brands Adjustable Bed Base
A perfect low-cost alternative to help you upgrade from a flat foundation is the Classic Brands Adjustable Bed Base. Using it, you can read, watch TV, or work on a laptop, thanks to the separate head and foot elevations that make it possible to customize it to achieve different levels of comfort.
Furthermore, the bed base is an excellent choice for an adjustable bed that is easy to operate. The reason is the wireless remote that allows you to customize the head and foot elevations smoothly. Ideal for use with different mattresses, the bed base is adjustable mattress friendly so that you can use it with an air mattress, foam mattress, or latex mattress.
- Product dimensions: 59 W X 79 L X 15 H Inches
- Product weight: 110 pounds
- Leg heights: 11.6″
- Weight capacity: 660 pounds
- The bed base can be used with or without a standard bed frame.
- The foot retainer rail holds the mattress in place.
- Easy to assemble since all you are required to do is to screw up the legs.
- No USB ports.
- The frame is quite noisy.
For an affordable and adjustable bed frame that will let you use it as soon as it arrives, I would recommend the Classic Brands Adjustable Bed Base. It comes fully assembled with the only parts that need screwing up being the legs. Because of this, anyone can set it up on arrival without requiring you to use particular tools or engage a professional.
10. iDealBed 4i Custom Adjustable Bed Base
Benefit from comfort and restful night’s sleep once you get the iDealBed 4i Custom Adjustable Bed Base. Its head is adjustable up to 70° and the foot up to 42° for easy customization of the comfort levels. Plus, it comes with a wireless backlit remote. The remote has 18 buttons with three preset positions, including the flat button, zero gravity, and anti-snore for easy customization based on your needs.
Equipped with ultra-quiet motors with an 850 lbs capacity per unit, this is one of the best choices for a stable, sturdy, and reliable bed base. Plus, it offers a full-body massage with three intensity levels. The message settings offer four modes that comprise the pulse, wave, and constant mode with a 1- to 30-minute timer option so that you can customize the time of the massage.
- Product dimensions: 80 x 14 x 60 inches
- Product weight: 80 pounds
- Leg heights: 4″, 7″ and 11″
- The zero-clearance design enables the base to fit into an existing bed frame.
- A 3-in-1 height option leg design is compatible with a range of mattresses.
- The neutral charcoal color fits a range of decors.
- A foot retainer protects the mattress from slipping.
- The mattress is quite firm.
For a full-body massage, this is one of the best adjustable bed frames. The bed base offers three types of massage, including wave, pulse, and a constant full-body massage. Also, it offers three intensity levels so that you can pick one that matches your body.
Buying Guide for Best Adjustable Bed Frame:
Determine how many people will use the bed:
Are you looking for an adjustable bed frame for use by yourself and your partner? If that is the case, you might want to get a split adjustable bed. Such a bed features one adjustable bed frame, but each side of the frame functions independently so that each user can customize the bed’s alignments to one’s liking. Besides, the bed includes two separate mattresses plus two remotes for easy customization of the settings.
How much weight is the bed designed to lift, and how much weight can it hold in the inclined position? Well, you will want to think about this so that you can buy a reliable bed frame. After all, you do not want to get a bed that will necessitate you to get out so that you can adjust the position., Therefore, get a bed that supports more weight than that of the users so that you can use it reliably.
What is the size of the adjustable bed frame you are about to buy? Well, to determine this, you will want to consider the available space, the size of the users, plus the budget you have allocated for the bed frame. On determining these factors, decide the size to get, and this ranges from the twin all the way through to the cal-king size.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you use any mattress with an adjustable bed frame?
Not all adjustable bed frames work with any mattress. Some beds can work with a regular mattress, but this depends on the composition of the mattress. For instance, the Classic Brands Adjustable Bed Base is suitable when used with different mattresses, including air mattresses, foam mattresses, and latex mattresses. When picking a mattress for adjustable beds, opt for one that flexes properly and avoids stiff and thick mattresses.
Are Adjustable Bed Frames worth it?
Well, an adjustable bed frame is quite expensive compared to a regular bed frame. However, these beds are worth buying, given the ability to elevate your head or feet positions. By raising your head or feet, the bed allows you to experience several health benefits and enhance your lifestyle. Some of the health benefits associated with sleeping on an adjustable bed include relief of arthritis, increased blood circulation, reduced acid reflux and heartburn, improved digestion, and alleviation of sleep apnea and snoring. Given these benefits, then we can conclude that an adjustable bed frame is worth buying.
Is an adjustable bed good for side sleepers?
Yes. An adjustable bed is not only perfect for use by side sleepers but is perfect while used by back and stomach sleepers as well. The fact that it allows you to elevate the upper portion of the body means that it plays a role in taking the pressure off the shoulders, hips, and neck. Hence, it can help side sleepers fall asleep easily and better, and offer you a good night’s sleep.
Can a headboard be attached to an adjustable bed?
Yes. All adjustable bed frames can accommodate a traditional headboard. Installing the headboard requires you to buy a headboard bracket kit so that you can do that with a lot of ease.
How long do adjustable beds last?
Well, all adjustable bed frames have a different lifespan. After all, different models are made using different materials, and each of these has a different life span. Other factors that determine the lifespan of the adjustable bed include how often you use the bed, plus whether the bed is designed for couples or singles.
Are adjustable beds good for seniors?
An adjustable bed can be used by anyone who needs a comfortable lifestyle. In fact, all seniors can use them and benefit from a lot of health benefits. Besides, adjustable beds can help relieve the effects of edema, poor-quality sleep, back pain, and arthritis, among others.
In the past, adjustable bed frames were associated with chronically-ill persons, seniors, or people who needed relief from different kinds of pains. Today, anyone who wants to get good-quality sleep can use adjustable beds for pain relief, improved blood circulation, or relief of the discomfort associated with pregnancy. That said, buy either of the reviewed beds so that you can achieve the health benefits of sleeping on such a bed regardless of your age.
You may also like:
Best Folding Bed With Mattress
Best Bed Frame For Overweight Person