With an air mattress, you will always a better alternative sleeping place than any other that you might have thought of. This is because it does need much to have on it. When you have the mattress and you can inflate it, which is all that you need. The unfortunate thing is that it is never going to be advisable for it to be set on the bed frame. A standard wood frame has been made with between 3-5 slats that will offer support. You can realize that this is not going to be enough for you to handle your air mattress.
If you want to have your air mattress raised off the floor, there are some solutions that you can decide to use other than that of a bed frame. Getting on and off from a low mattress is always a challenge and some of the solutions here will help you greatly:
- You can decide to use a piece of plywood. Buy a piece of plywood and if it does not have the same measurements as that of the air mattress, I advise that you cut it into size so that it fits well. To make it serve you best, I advise also that you look for plywood that has a thickness of ¾ inches. Not good to have it directly used like that. You also need to cover it with some material like a tarp or any other sheet that is penetrative. This is vital as it will be able to protect the splinters that might emerge and cause the mattress to burst. Now, you can place the plywood on the bed and put the mattress on it, it is much safer than that.
- You can also decide to use a spring box. This is a simple process to do unlike the one above. Just look for a box spring and then place it on the bed frame. You will also need to cover it with something; a tarp or some other material that will prevent any sharp springs from hampering your mattress will be highly advisable. After that, you can place it in the spring and you will have just a comfortable raised spring bed that you will sleep on. Remember that the metal frame will not be able to support something that has too much weight applied to it. If that happens, then it will give room for sagging to take place in the shortest time possible.
- A special frame will be the best choice too. Now, the above will need you to have that extra thinking of the DIY techniques so that you have them set up well ready to handle your air mattress. If you don’t want to go through all these processes, then you can buy ready-made bed frames that can handle your mattress. This is a type that is known as pragma platforms. It has been made in such a manner the mattress can sit safely and does not have any sharp edges. It also prevents tilt from slipping off.
Last update on 2021-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Benefits of an air mattress:
- Comes with adjustable firmness. These are not compared to the traditional mattresses because their firmness is highly customizable. This will be highly beneficial especially for those that are suffering from back problems. Accomplish this is just easy, just increase or decrease the air inside until it fits the level or the amount that you will be comfortable with.
- It is also portable. When you want to travel to someplace and you don’t want to have heavy luggage with you, this is a mattress that will ensure that your sleeping is always comfortable. You can deflate it with ease so that you store it away when not in use. And it will not need much of your space too.
- It is also an economical one. As you compare it with others, air mattresses are not that pricey or costly. If you have a tight budget, I can assure you that this is one of the preferred options that you can think of.
Not all people will love the use of air mattresses. You will also find that other people will prefer to use the traditional mattresses to sleep on at night. For an air mattress, it is always used as extra bedding that you will need at home or when you are going camping. Their make therefore should not be for daily use but can be used when there is no option of sleeping on.